ironcontrol - IF-MAP admin tools on Android
The Trust@FHH research group presents a new software: ironcontrol.
ironcontrol is an IF-MAP 2.1 client for Android smartphones (>=4.0), that allows the user to “control” a MAP server. It was developed within a 1 year students project at the Hochschule Hannover (University of Applied Sciences and Arts).
The main features in this first public release are:
- Publish metadata (either Standard Metadata for Network Security or Vendor Specific metadata)
- Search for metadata with filters, search depth, …
- Subscribe to metadata
- Get notifications on new subscriptions results (via vibration, sound effect, notification)
- Navigate the results of searches and subscriptions
- Manage connections to multiple MAP servers
- Use both basic and certificate-based authentication
- Import and use new/third party certificates of MAP servers
The software is available at our Github account and can be build with Maven, a Java JDK (>=6) and an installed Android SDK. A Readme file is provided that explains the steps to build and deploy ironcontrol.
We also provide a User and Developer documentation in our Download section.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly create an Issue at the corresponding Github-project page.30 Jul 2013